Enroll in MFCU@Home Online Access
To log in to MFCU@Home for the first time, you will need to:
- Visit: https://www.marinefederalhb.org/tob/live/usp-core/app/login/consumer
- User Name - this is your account number without leading zeros
- Password - this is the last 4 digits of the primary account holder's social security number or TIN.
- Click Enroll Button
If you don't have this information or are in need of assistance, please contact Member Services at 910.577.7333 or 800.225.3967.
Congratulations to the 2015 Rainbow Saver Christmas card contest winners!
By Dawn Jones, Chief Information Officer
It’s been a progressive year for providing new and improved Marine FCU online products.
- New members can open an account online.
- The online loan application process was streamlined with a quicker approval time for qualified members.
- There is now a Principle Only payment option for most consumer loans.
- eCheck Deposit is now available on all Marine FCU apps, including iPads and other tablets.
- A calculator has been added to Bill Payment.
- Built-in fingerprint-sensor technology with Touch ID is available on select iOS devices.
Included below are new online solutions we are currently working on, some of which may be available by the time you receive this Success Newsletter:
- Request a Skip-A-Payment.
- Make a payment to your Marine FCU loan from an outside source.
- Apple Pay
- Eyeprint ID™ technology on mobile devices … takes an image and pattern-matches the blood vessels in the whites of the eye, eliminating the need to remember and manually type a password.
- Set up a Funds Transfer request via a mobile device.
- Apply for online account access via a mobile device.
As always, your security is our number one priority. Marine FCU works diligently to ensure that these solutions are safe and secure, while also providing you with convenient access to your finances.
Robert Dickerson, Executive Vice President
Marine FCU will soon be issuing Visa® Debit Cards with the EMV chip. While this technology will help reduce in-store purchasing fraud, the chip needs protection against Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) scanners, which can steal your card information off of the EMV chip.
RFID technology has been in use in a variety of industries … healthcare, passports, driver’s licenses, toll collection, inventory control, animal tracking, and more.
Help protect your chip card. Ask a Marine FCU representative for a RFID-blocking card holder when you receive your new chip card. RFID-blocking wallets and passport holders are also available through major retailers such as Amazon and Walmart.
Having protection on both sides helps prevent your card information from being stolen.
Craig Chamberlin, President/CEO
I don’t believe there’s ever been a truer saying than “time flies when you’re having fun” and in my last 30 years here at Marine FCU I’ve had a blast. I’ve been with credit unions for 45 years, starting out in Charleston, South Carolina at Shipyard Credit Union, and then moving to Virginia for 10 years. Looking back over these 45 years I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. The last 30 years at Marine FCU have been the absolute best for a wide variety of reasons … let me just tell you a few:
Board of Directors–Marine FCU is blessed to have a Board of Directors made up entirely of volunteers who are extremely dedicated to the organization and to the members, and have been since the inception of the Credit Union in 1959. Their constant message to me over the years has been to give back to the communities that we are in, ensure that the members always come first, and be extremely reasonable with the fees we charge and fiscally protective of our members’ money. To show their dedication, many such as Mr. Hemmingway, Mr. Eller, and Mr. Yadlowsky, have each served on the Board over 30 years, expending countless hours of voluntary service to a now $730 million dollar organization. Their dedication is second-to-none.
Management & Staff–I’ve been associated with quite a few organizations, professionally, in both Virginia and North Carolina, and be assured the management and staff of Marine FCU are the yardstick of which others should measure themselves. I have never been around a finer group of individuals who live and breathe the credit union philosophy 24/7. They go out of their way time and again for the membership, and more importantly for each other, in creating a family atmosphere here … much like the Marine Corps’ “taking care of our own.” Trust me when I say there is a genuine caring among the staff for one another and that is seen very rarely in other organizations. I would tell any member that although assets are measured in dollars, the true assets of this organization are the people who serve the membership and Marine FCU is indeed blessed to have each and every one, individually and collectively.
So, as of 31 December, I’ll bring my career to an end after 45 years; but I’m very, very pleased to inform you that our Chief Operations Officer, Jeff Clark, will take over as the new President/CEO. Going forward, the Credit Union will be in the best of hands.
In this, my last message to the membership, I wish you well and as a great man once said, “It’s time to call the dogs and throw water on the fire ‘cause the hunt is over.”
I’m going home to be with the love of my life … Miss Debby.
Effective November 1, the amount of Rainbow Bucks required to redeem gift cards has increased by five. The new amounts are:
- 15 Rainbow Bucks = $5 Gift Card
- 25 Rainbow Bucks = $10 Gift Card
- 35 Rainbow Bucks = $20 Gift Card
Click here for more information on the Rainbow Saver Gift Card Program.
or card numbers via unsolicited telephone calls, emails, or text messaging. Security Center